We have more volunteer therapy dogs joining us for another Ruff, Ruff & Read event on this Friday, August 22nd at 11 AM. Come meet these sweet and gentle therapy dog friends of the library and spend time reading with them before school starts! No registration required.
After the Summer Writing Contest and all the reading you’ve been doing this summer, take a break and come visit a local author at the library!
Linda Quinque, local author of “The Dream Weaver, a Katie Minerva Adventure” will be doing a book signing and short talk about her experience as a self-published author at the library tomorrow, Monday August 11 at 11 AM.
Summer Reading is wrapping up but the Science Guy has one more place to go! Check out the clues below for his last stop; when you find him, show your library card and don’t forget to ask for your treat for your detective work!
Here are Week 9’s (August 8-14/The Final Week) clues:
- The Science Guy is thinking about learning Taekwon-Do and is watching classes this week to learn more about it.
- He needs directions to Forman Road so he can arrive on time.
- He likes the way students call Mark “Master.”
PS – Don’t forget to say goodbye and good luck to the Science Guy until next time!
Summer Reading is almost over but the Science Guy still has a few more stops! Check out the clues below for his second to last stop; when you find him, show your library card and don’t forget to ask for your treat for your detective work!
Here are Week 8’s (August 1-7) clues:
- It’s time get a little exercise, so Science Guy is meeting some of his friends in the alley.
- Because Science Guy is so short, maybe Gary will put the bumpers in the gutters.
- He hopes they have a light ball and some small shoes for him.
Week 7 is here and the Science Guy is off on a new adventure yet again! Check out these clues below; when you find him, show your library card and don’t forget to ask for your treat for your detective work!
Here are Week 7’s (July 25 – 31) clues:
1. The Science Guy loves snacks and he always keeps some in the drawer in his lab. He wants to check out a new store in Souderton because he has heard that they have great snacks.
2. The directions say it is at Second and Noble Streets.
3. He wants to help make peanut butter while he is there.
Week 6 has arrived and so has the Science Guy (at his new destination for this week, of course!) Put on your thinking cap and try to decipher these clues. When you find him, show your library card and don’t forget to ask for your treat for your detective work!
Here are Week 6’s (July 18 – 24) clues:
1. When he looked in the refrigerator, it was almost empty (no milk, no eggs, no bread). So Science Guy is head to Vernfield to pick up some groceries.
2. He might even have a snack in the food court while he is there.
3. Science Guy loves cheese and he will stop at the deli to try a slice.