Slime! Gak! Floam! Whatever you want to call it, come learn how to make the stretchy stuff and what causes its gooey grossness.
This is an added meeting of the Mad Scientists’ Meetings for IVPL Summer Reading Club – make sure you are registered and come join us for some gooey fun!
Week 7 is here and the Science Guy is off on a new adventure yet again! Check out these clues below; when you find him, show your library card and don’t forget to ask for your treat for your detective work!
Here are Week 7’s (July 25 – 31) clues:
1. The Science Guy loves snacks and he always keeps some in the drawer in his lab. He wants to check out a new store in Souderton because he has heard that they have great snacks.
2. The directions say it is at Second and Noble Streets.
3. He wants to help make peanut butter while he is there.
Week 6 has arrived and so has the Science Guy (at his new destination for this week, of course!) Put on your thinking cap and try to decipher these clues. When you find him, show your library card and don’t forget to ask for your treat for your detective work!
Here are Week 6’s (July 18 – 24) clues:
1. When he looked in the refrigerator, it was almost empty (no milk, no eggs, no bread). So Science Guy is head to Vernfield to pick up some groceries.
2. He might even have a snack in the food court while he is there.
3. Science Guy loves cheese and he will stop at the deli to try a slice.
It’s week 5 and the Science Guy is on the move yet again! Keep cool and keep an eye out for him as you try to figure out these clues! When you find him, show your library card and don’t forget to ask for your treat for your detective work!
Here are Week 5’s (July 11 – 17) clues:
1. The Science Guy is headed west through Franconia this week and needs to stop for some cash.
2. He likes to go to the drive through window and wave at the cashier inside. Sometimes she has a lollipop for him and a biscuit for his dog.
3. Maybe he will see his friends Buck and Penny.
The library is closed today (July 4th) for the holiday but there are lots of new books on display including new non-fiction on animals, ancient cultures from around the world and historical photos that changed history! Also, we are adding more Reading Olympics titles every week, along with other great stuff – come check them out (literally)!
Happy Fourth of July from IVPL and the Science Guy! While you are enjoying your holiday, be safe and keep an eye out for the Science Guy! When you find him, just show your library card and don’t forget to ask for your prize for your sleuthing!
Here are Week 4’s (July 4 – 10) clues:
1. Science Guy found a flat tire on his bicycle and needs to get it fixed, so he is going to stop in Souderton for a new bike tire.
2. Science Guy’s bike is red but there are bikes of many colors and sizes here.
3. Science guy is bringing his helmet because it might be fun to try a unicycle while he is in the store.
There goes that Science Guy!
It’s week 3 and he’s off again; check out the clues below, figure out where he is and head on over to his new spot for this week (June 27 – July 3). Then just show your library card and don’t forget to ask for your prize for your detective work!
Here are this week’s (Week 3, June 27 – July 3) clues:
1. Science Guy needs to deposit his paycheck in the bank so he needs to go to Souderton this week.
2. When it is lunchtime he can go to Pizza Hut next door. Maybe some of the cashiers would like a slice, too.
3. If anyone brings in their pennies, Science Guy might help them count them.