Looking for some educational and entertaining ways for you children to spend time on the computer? Try some of these games!
Scholastic BookFlix is a new online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning. The engaging way to link fact and fiction, BookFlix reinforces early reading skills and introduces children to a world of knowledge and exploration.
Don’t forget that you can bring in a USB drive and download the ELF™ child safe browser. The ELF browser allows young children to safely explore carefully chosen, highly engaging, educational resources on the internet.
Tumblebooks: Offers free ebooks and games for kids!
- Fun School: History, language, science, math, and geography games arranged by grade level.
- Kids Health: A great site for parents and kids. Features recipes, games, exercises, etc.
- PBSkids.org: Educational games based on the PBS television show.
- National Geographic for Kids: Games, animals, photos, stories, and more.
- Scholastic for Kids: Harry Potter, Bone, Captain Underpants – many of your favorite characters are here with information, games and activities.
- Funbrain.com: Interactive word, number and science games.